Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Party Fun

Last weekend we went to two fun Christmas parties! Austin was a trooper and it was nice to "get out" and socialize a bit.

On Friday night, we had our first (hopefully-annual) Progressive Dinner Party on Cottage Way. We went to four houses on the street for four different cocktail style courses - appetizers, soup/salad, light dinner, and dessert. It was a blast! We say this all the time, but we LOVE our neighbors!

The kids drew names about a month ago and had a secret santa gift exchange to kick of the night. There are 19 kids just on our little part of the street and they are so cute! The bigger kids stayed at the Bailey's for the evening (with babysitters, of course) so the parents could have a night "out."  Austin hung out in the Bjorn most of the time and did great.

We were the first house for the night - appetizers. Andy had a last minute work trip, so I actually had to set up, cook and host alone - eek. I was a little freaked about it all week, but the timing worked out just right and we survived! Austin fell asleep right as everyone was getting there. I was afraid he would be hungry or screaming right as everyone got there, but it couldn't have worked out any better timing wise!

I meant to take pictures of every house as we went along, but of course, I forgot. I wish I had a picture of Thuy's dessert spread - amazing!! The best butterscotch pudding you've ever had in your whole life...I swear.
On Saturday night, we celebrated with a few of our friends at the Schoneman's. Katherine is definitely the hostess with the mostest and the party was so adorable and fun as usual! We were supposed to wear tacky sweaters, but this little mama didn't have the time or energy to make it to goodwill this year - does a red puffy vest count...even if I wear it on a normal day?!
Here is Austin with his buddy Grace. Grace was actually due 3 days before Austin, but he decided to make his appearance 8 days before her. He was early and she was late. She's a cutie!
We were supposed to have one more Christmas party last night for my girls bible study, but Andy is in Tennessee, so I didn't want to brave it alone. I took Austin to bible study last week and it was a disaster. I threw off his little schedule and had a terrible time getting him to sleep. We aren't quite ready for prime time.

Grannie is here for the week - yay!!!! We've been having fun hanging out with her doing a little Christmas shopping, wrapping presents and hanging around the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment