Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Is it really almost February?

Crazy that its almost February 1st...it makes me happy and sad. Happy because the Super Bowl and Valentine's Day are coming up, so we have excuse eat fatty food and attend a few fun parties. Also happy because Austin is getting bigger and easier every day. I do not want time to fly by and I'm definitely trying to savor every stage and moment...but as you know, the newborn stage is hard and exhausting! I'm sad that it is already February because this is the month that I have to go back to work. I've loved my time at home all week long with Austin. I know that this is ultimately a good thing because I like structure and I love my job and my coworkers....but its still sad to leave the "do whatever we want all day" days of maternity leave.

I had every intention of blogging more often than I have, but life has gotten in the way. January was a busy month! In true Darcy fashion we decided to do everything at once and in addition to learning how to be parents, we've been dealing with this...



I could write a novel about it, but the short story is that we may or may not be moving...it depends on whether or not (and for how much) we can sell our house. And that is a total toss up in this economy/market. And to be honest, I'm a little torn. If we sell, we are moving back to Texas and will build in a great community right by my parents called Woodforest. http://www.woodforestdev.com/
The draw is more space for less money, yard for Dexter, close to my family, close to my work and Andy just needs to be close to the airport for work since he travels so much.  If we don't sell, we are staying put in a house we love with the best neighbors/friends anyone could ask for. We have wonderful friends here and love being close to Andy's family. So really we are in a win-win situation either way. It just seemed like the timing might be right to make the move. Its definitely a challenge showing a house with a 3.5 month old baby and hyper 80 lb dog, but such is life and its good for me to learn how to run errands with a baby in tow.

In other news (and random thoughts)...
> Austin is sleeping a little better through the night. Usually wakes up 1x to eat and goes straight back to sleep. I'm slowly weaning him from the swaddle and I think its helping.
> The weather has been so nice here the last few days and Austin seems to love going for walks in the fresh air...yay for me. He was boycotting the stroller for a bit so I was feeling a little stuck inside.
> I've had a few girls nights out and they are SO necessary and fun! We went to Rappongi's in La Jolla last night...so yummy and had lots of good laughs! I came home to a well fed, sleepy baby (go dad)!
> Granny was here again last week since Andy was gone Sunday to Sunday for work and we are sooooo thankful that she is willing to hop on a plane anytime to come help out!
> I'm obsessed with Pinterest..if you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet...then jump. Maybe I'll even write a blog post about some of my favorite finds. Ok, who am I kidding...I stink at blogging frequently.

Here are a few pics of my favorite little friend:


No comments:

Post a Comment