Monday, March 19, 2012

Texas Trip

Here are a few pictures from our trip to Texas a few weeks ago. I had a work meeting in Houston from Tues-Thurs, so Austin and I flew to Texas the Saturday before my meeting so we could spend a few days visiting with family and friends.

We survived the the airport and the flight without any major meltdowns. Andy was able to go through security with me and walk us to our plane on the San Diego side, so I only had to walk the jetway and take the flight alone. I didn't realize that was an option until the night before we left - it was a total lifesaver!

Austin in the Houston Airport. 
On sunday, my brothers and crew came over to play and meet Austin at parents house. Austin got to meet his aunts and uncles and his 6 Texas Cousins - Morgan, Jacob, Cameron, Trevor, Parker and Reagan (& Stoli the dog). Melissa and Dave came too with sweet Riley and 7 week old baby Andrew. It was so fun to see everyone and but way to quick of a visit. I wish Austin could be around his cousins more often - they are so fun and so sweet to him. Plus, I miss hanging out with them.
Austin and cousin Morgan
 My best friend for life, Melissa, baby Andrew, Morgan and Austin
 sweet Riley, cousin Reagan, and Stoli
 Riley, Reagan, Morgan, Parker
 Uncle Shawn and Austin

My mom is a saint and watched Austin for 3 very long days while I went downtown for meetings. I left before he woke up and got home for dinner and bedtime or after bedtime every day. We were both exhausted.  I DO NOT miss Houston traffic one little bit. It took me 1.5 hours each direction (even at 6:30 am). 
My mom's friend Laura watched Austin one morning for her while mom had an appointment. Grandpa was supposed to be helping Laura, but I'm pretty sure she did most of the work ;) Grandpa did have Austin duty all by himself on Saturday while we went to a wedding shower and he did great - go Grandpa!  


Hanging in the Swing

Laura and Austin

Mom and I went to a wedding shower on the second Saturday of our trip for my childhood friend and old neighbor, Meagan. It was so fun to see her and her parents! I haven't seen them since our wedding and before that it had probably been 5 years! 

Me, Mom, Elaine, Meagan and Donnie. Known them since I was 4 years old! 
Bathtime fun!

It was such a quick trip - we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to, so we are hoping to come back sometime this summer for a few weeks to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment