Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Howdy Y'all

We just got back from another Texas trip on Sunday. I had a work meeting the in late May, so we decided to make it a family trip and tack on a week's vacation during the week of Memorial Day! So glad we did!

Andy, Dexter and my dad drove from San Diego to Houston and Austin and I flew. Dad flew out to drive back with Andy.  Yes, my dad is the best! They took the "scenic" route through northern Arizona (vs taking I10 the whole way). Dexter is crazy and doesn't sleep at all on the road trips. He sat in the back with his head up for 21 hours of driving.

Austin was a champ on the flight out. Thankfully, we sat next to two high school girls who thought Austin was the cutest thing they'd ever seen. Here are a few of the comments I heard from my new high school friends on the flight: "OMG! He smiled at me!", "OMG! I love babies. I'm going to have 5 babies!", "OMG! I could eat 10 burritos today - I'm so starving." I also talked one of them out of a tattoo. I told her it wouldn't look so hot after her 5 babies. It was hilarious and it made me feel so old!!! Our flight back to San Diego wasn't nearly as fun. Austin was a little fussy and our row-mates were boring.

While at my parents and in Houston we spent quality time with my parents, Austin's cousins, aunts and uncles and a few friends!
Cousins! Wish we lived closer!

I even braved the Houston traffic one day and drove down to Memorial to meet up with a few friends and their babies. Sadly, we didn't take any pictures :( But we finally got to meet sweet Rebecca Wilmoth, Andrew and Sarah Steeg and I got to visit with my friend Jacqueline who was coincidentally in town from San Francisco!
Poor Dexter...
Hanging with "Aunt" Haley!
For vacation we spent the week at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country and it was AMAZING! The hotel was built in 2010, so everything is new and clean and they have "waterpark" in the middle of the resort with a few pools, water slides and a lazy river.
Making Smores at the hotel 
View from our Cabana! 
Grandpa floating the lazy river
Austin's first swim
Hanging on the balcony 
Our friends Genevieve and Jonny came up to the hotel to meet us for dinner. They have a baby, Gray, who is 2 weeks older than Austin. Gray is so so sweet -  I'm so glad we finally got to meet him!
Gray and Austin
Vieve and Gray came back the next day to swim us too :) Its a breath of fresh air to be around such great friends.

We had a blast in TX and can't wait for our next trip in September. Its always nice to be home and not living out of a suitcase. Austin slept in the closet at my parents (a very big one - don't call CPS!) and in the hotel bathroom in a pack and play, so he is probably glad to have his crib and room back too ;) Dexter went to bed at 7 tonight - he is either exhausted or depressed to be back in his boring house.


No comments:

Post a Comment