Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I was so excited to decorate for Christmas this year! Perhaps its the fact that I spend A LOT of time in the house these days! I started decorating the day before Thanksgiving but didn't finish until Sunday...it takes a little longer when there is an infant around - working in 30 minute intervals isn't very efficient and staying up late certainly wasn't an option.

I'm loving having the lights on and the fireplace going every morning when we wake up and eat! Note: Its been 75/80 degrees for the past few days so I'm trying to trick myself into thinking that it "feels" like December.

 Living Room
 New addition to the stocking collection this year :)
 I love my new ribbon. I ordered it from some random Mardi Gras store online. 
Banister - this took forever! And a little HGTV on the TV.
I have all of our Christmas cards from the last 3 years on rings so I can look through and see how much everyone has changed through the years! I stole this idea from my friend Kyle and I love it! I used to keep them in a messy box, but now I can display them at Christmas time! I plan to do the same thing with all of the sweet cards we've received for Austin.

3 comments:

  1. Just saw that you are blogging - glad to have another fellow Chi O's blog to read! Also, looks like Davis and Austin have the same stocking (and Austin is Davis' middle name)! Looking forward to catching/keeping up with you on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks beautiful! I save our cards too, and love looking at them every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison - Too funny about the stocking!! My mother in law ordered the same one for Austin for their house not knowing that was the one I picked for ours. Way to go pottery barn kids :) Totally blog stalk you too by the way - i'm so creepy!

    Lauren - Did you notice who's little face is at the front of the Christmas card stack? Little WP :)

    ReplyDelete